Buffalo Bills Things I Am Thankful For
It’s Thanksgiving Eve and I would just like to highlight some of the things that I am thankful for at this point in the season.
I am thankful for the many Drunk Bills Fan Videos/Pictures that have come out this season that keep me laughing.
2. I am thankful that after 11 Weeks the Bills still have a decent chance at making the playoffs. Not a great chance but not a bad chance either.
3. I am thankful that I have gotten to watch Shady McCoy run for the Bills this season. I always knew he was a great back but I did not fully understand how dynamic of a player he could be until this season. His salary is a bit higher than I would prefer for a RB in the NFL but you cannot deny his talent and it’s a pleasure to watch him play.
4. I am EXTREMELY thankful that I will not have to watch the Bills play the Patriots again this season unless Buffalo makes the playoffs. I am getting sick and tired of watching the Bills lose game after game to Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots. I don’t care how close we play them, at this point only beating them would make me happy.
5. I am thankful that last week I got to watch Tom Brady get hit countless times by Bills players throughout the course of the game. Brady did a great job of handling the pressure and getting the ball out but he was knocked around quite a bit. Rex Ryan had a great defensive scheme and the Bills could have won that game if they were able to get any type of offense going outside of Shady.
6. I am thankful that I will know longer have to hear about the EJ Manueldebate as Buffalo’s future QB. I am not an EJ hater nor am I supporter. I felt like last year he was not given a fair shot to develop to become the starter but this season he was given every opportunity to earn the job and after watching that terrible stretch in Jacksonville, I am perfectly comfortable saying I never want to see him take another snap in a Bills uniform. I do give him credit for playing decently for the rest of that game and almost leading a comeback but enough is enough. I wish you all the best EJ with a new team but just get the hell off of my team, please.
7. I am thankful for Whaley’s draft this past season. Without a first round draft pick I was not expecting the Bills to be able to draft many players who could contribute right away. Yet Whaley nailed the Darby pick who is now our starting CB and is playing like one of the better ones in the entire NFL, he drafted an OL starter in the 3rd round in John Miller (although he does need to improve a bit) and got a tremendous value pick by selecting Karlos “The Touchdown Machine” Williams in the 5th round. To get that type of contribution from a 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick is pretty impressive. The rest of the draft was not that great but this was enough for me.
8. I am thankful that out of all the divisions in the NFC that the AFC East could be paired against that it was the NFC East this year. There is only one other division in the entire NFL worse and that was the AFC South division and the Bills played every team in that division this year as well. The Bills definitely lucked out with their schedule in that sense.
9. I am thankful that the Bills resigned Marcus Thigpen today and releasedDenarius Moore. I never liked Moore and at least Thigpen seems to have surer hands than McKelvin on punts. I miss having the option to put Percy Harvin back there for punts.
10. The thing I am most thankful for is that the Bills have only played on Thanksgiving once in my life in 1994. I absolutely love having football on Thanksgiving and enjoy nothing more than stuffing my face with food, having a few beers and watching the NFL. However, I like to enjoy my holidays and I don’t want the added stress that I feel during all Buffalo Bills games to affect my mood/behavior on the holiday. This Thanksgiving should be a very joyous one knowing that the Bills still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and I don’t have to worry about their next game until Sunday.
I am also thankful for anyone who read this article long enough to make it to this sentence. So Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Let’s Go Buffalo!