Players the Buffalo Bills should pick at #9 in order
1) Jadeveon Clowney – (DE – South Carolina) – Overall best talent in the draft. Will instantly make the Bills defensive line the best in the league and make their defense one of the best in the league. No other player in this draft has as much upside as Clowney.
2) Khalil Mack – (OLB – Buffalo) – The Bills could certainly use more depth at LB considering Brandon Spikes is only on a one year deal and if he performs well he will become quite expensive. Khalil Mack is the best LB prospect in the draft and will be able to excel both as a pass rusher and in coverage. Would instantly be an upgrade over Keith Rivers and would provide much needed depth to this position.
3) Jake Matthews – (OT – Texas A&M) – Can immediately be plugged in at RT to replace Erik Pears. Is extremely versatile and can play all 5 OL positions. Would give the Bills great flexibility along the line with Cordy Glenn able to play T on either side. His one year of LT experience should not be an issue for Buffalo as their need is a RT.
4) Mike Evans – (WR – Texas A&M) – The Bills are looks for a tall receiver who can make the tough catches in the red zone. Mike Evans fits this description perfectly and will allow the Bills to part with Stevie Johnson in a year if they chose to do so. Will help out E.J. Manuel tremendously with his size and ability to go over the top.
5) Greg Robinson – (OT – Auburn) – Robinson has a little more upside in the NFL than Jake Matthews but Matthews is a little more polished in his blocking techniques and is more versatile as to what positions he could play. Robinson has tremendous talent and would start at LT or RT instantly and make the Bills a better team right away.
6) Sammy Watkins – (WR – Clemson) – Sammy more naturally fits into the system in Buffalo with his speed and quickness. However, the Bills have several other receivers with similar, albeit not as good, skill sets. Buffalo has more of a need for a big, strong receiver and that’s why Watkins ranks behind Mike Evans.
7) Eric Ebron – (TE – North Carolina) – Tall and athletic TE. Something the Bills have been severely lacking for years. Would instantly give E.J. Manuel a great red zone target and would vastly improve the Bills offense.
8) Taylor Lewan (OT – Michigan) – Another player who Buffalo could easily plug in at LT or RT. Has great physical attributes but lacks some of the physicality that the other tackles listed above him have. Nonetheless he will be a solid player for a long time and would be a great fit for Buffalo if Matthews and Robinson are not available.
9) Ha-Ha Clinton Dix (S – Alabama) – Best S in the draft. Would help fill in for the loss of Jairus Byrd immediately. He is tall for a safety who is quick and who could make an immediate impact on the Bills defense.